Thursday, April 26, 2012

NFL Draft Game and Final Tidbits Before the Draft

For the past three seasons I have played a game during the NFL draft.  Instead of complaining about a draft pick after he has already failed, I attempt to be proactive and make selections along with the Chiefs and then track the players over the ensuing years in order to judge how the Chief's scouting department is performing.  Each time the Chiefs make a pick, I make my pick.  It is considered cheating if you go back at the conclusion of the draft and then pick players who were available each time the Chiefs were on the clock.  You can draft Alameda Ta'amu with the 11th pick, but when he is still sitting on the board in round 3 you are going to look kind of ridiculous.

So, if anyone is taking part and would like to send them to me, I would be more than happy to track the players for you in order to see how you stack up against the professional GM's (and all their fancy access to tape). 

* I don't think Luke Kuechly is going to be available when the Chiefs pick at 11, so I expect to see KC take Mark Barron or David Decastro.

*Additions to the list of Players who have visited with the Chiefs prior to the Draft:

Junior Hemingway  WR  Michigan    7th round
Lamont Bryant         TE   Morgan St  7th round

No comments:

Post a Comment